Appearing on NBC's Today show on Wednesday, the Wonder Woman star responded to a Page Six story that she was refusing to appear in the forthcoming sequel unless Ratner, the embattled director who has been repeatedly accused of sexual assault over the past several weeks, is fired from the franchise.
Gadot confirmed that Ratner had already been separated from the franchise by the time the Page Six story came out.
"There's a lot that's been written about my views and the way I feel, and everyone knows how I feel because I'm not hiding anything," the Israeli actress said. "But the truth is, there’s so many people involved in making this movie, it’s not just me, and they all echoed the same sentiments. So everyone knew what was the right thing to do. But there was nothing for me to actually come and say because it was already done before this article came out.”
Wonder Woman, which was released in June, remains the year's second-biggest grossing film of 2017 with over $412.5 million domestically, according to BoxOfficeMojo.com. It was produced by Ratner's company RatPac-Dune Entertainment, through a co-financing deal with Warner Bros.
In early November, the director told USA TODAY that he was separating himself from any ongoing Warner Bros. projects via a statement from his lawyer, Marty Singer.
"In light of the allegations being made, I am choosing to personally step away from all Warner Bros.-related activities," Ratner said in the statement. "I don’t want to have any possible negative impact to the studio until these personal issues are resolved."
Henstridge recounts assaults by Ratner, Weinstein on 'Megyn Kelly Today'
Ratner's departure from the Wonder Woman franchise follows a Nov. 1 Los Angeles Times story in which he was accused of sexual harassment or misconduct by six women, including actress Natasha Henstridge, who alleged that Ratner forced her to perform oral sex during an interaction in the early 1990s.
Henstridge appeared on Megyn Kelly Today on Wednesday to speak about her experience with Ratner, also revealing during the interview that Harvey Weinstein pleasured himself in front of her in a separate incident.
The actress told Kelly that she was watching a movie with Ratner at a friend's apartment when she dozed off.
"When I woke up, I was alone there with him and tried to leave and one thing led to another and he was not going to allow me to leave," she said. "He blocked the door and didn’t let me leave and it got really scary from there ... He just got very aggressive.”
"A lot of people have asked, how can that happen? How does somebody force you into oral sex?" she continued. "When you are afraid of them, you don’t know what they are capable of doing, and therefore you submit."
Henstridge also revealed that Harvey Weinstein had previously harassed her, and while "the Brett thing was more aggressive, Harvey definitely tried, I don’t know what you say on daytime TV, he pleasured himself in front of me."
"He did all of those things and I was then stuck in a room and he tried to get into the room, he consistently came after me, all of those things," she said. "I did manage to avoid an actual physical attack by him.”